What I read this December
- Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Enlightenment – Robert Wright
- Difficult Women – Roxane Gay
I love professor Wright! I felt particularly proud of being a meditator while reading. Also, I love Dr. Gay, but felt a little too emotionally stable for Difficult Women, I found the writing pretentious, and I was looking forward to the ending. The last piece, Strange Gods, was my favorite. Also, I found a typo, it’s been two weeks, and I still haven’t stopped laughing.
Did some extensive research on ibogaine, I didn’t have to write on the topic or anything, but I stumbled upon it and found it so interesting that I kept reading until my eyes fell out.
What I wrote this December
I wrote about:
- the inevitable stress associated with the holiday season
- uncommon things meditation helped me with.
I was invited to become a helper on InstaWell. Was featured in One Bread’s December’s newsletter with Four Thing You Can Do To Help. Usually, I get jobs that match my skills via email and then apply, so it’s me reaching out to them, but I received two invitations to send proposals this month, so they were reaching out to me and that was cool.
Novelties this December
Reached the 300 consecutive days and 500 sessions milestones on my favorite meditation app, and they followed me on Instagram lol. I made it work with a loved one, and I’m so happy we did.
- Gold, shiny, glittery nails all month
- Threw a house party
- Michael Kors banned fur
- Played tennis and went swimming and thoroughly enjoyed it